Full Moon ............ Explore # 60 - 06 april 2012
as seen from GPS Lattitude 40 deg 41' 57.46" N - Longitude 14 deg 29' 7.38" E
Focal Length (35mm format) 469 mm
During a full moon, rays of sunlight are hitting the visible portion of the moon perpendicular to the surface. As a result there is much less surface detail visible during a full moon than during other phases (such as the quarter and crescent phases) when sunlight hits the Moon at a much shallower angle.
The Moon is the sole natural satellite of the Earth. Like all the planets and satellites in the Solar System, the Moon shines by reflected sunlight. It revolves around the Earth from west to east at a distance of about 384,400 km. With a diameter of 3,476 km, the Moon is less than one-third the size of the Earth, is only 1/81 as massive as the Earth and has a density of roughly 3.34 g/cm3, compared to 5.52 g/cm3 for the Earth.
This photo is in 15 groups
- 100+ COMMENT GROUP **(P1/A2) 36,495 items
- Saariy'sQualityPictures. +20 Faved Pics are required to group 44,465 items
- Flickrs Finest Images - Level 1 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 7,235 items
- "Beautiful Earth Level 2" (P1-A4) ~ NO PEOPLE 50,575 items
- Level 1 - LOST con T- PERDIDOS (P-1/A- 5) SWEEPER 35,168 items
- VAYA TRABAJO BIEN HECHO---Sube 1 y Premia 2 58,180 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- The Moon - WIP 4 photos