When does passion become addiction?
"I'd rather lose myself in passion than lose my passion." – Jacques Mayol
I have a ridiculous amount of books…. So many that it is probably more addiction than passion or past-time.
You can only see a small part of the three bookcases behind….. They are each 7 ft tall stacked 2 deep on each shelf. I think there are about 1300+ there….. This is just the leisure collection - novels etc. Another bookcase downstairs with about 50 cookbooks, one with about 200+ textbooks and yet another with 200+ photography, travel, humour etc.
Luckily there will be little need for additional bookcases going forward - for the last few years I have bought more audiobooks via Audible (Another 200+)… mostly to consume while commuting or walking the dog.
And of course I have now joined the cadre of geek readers reading e-books via Kindle or equivalent on my iPad
The trouble with reading on an iPad however is that one is tempted to read several books simultaneously since there is nothing extra to carry around - Which is proving to be a double edged sword. Many of the classics however are dirt cheap or free so a chance to catch up on some of those.
So what is on the go now?
- Steve Jobs Autobiography by Walter Isaacson (Kindle version)
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (Kindle version)
- Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques by Scott Kelby (Kindle version)
- Kanban by David Anderson (Kindle Version)
- Nations Favourite Twentieth Century Poems (old fashioned paper)
- The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Audible Version)
What are YOU reading ?
Week #3/52 of 2012