new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Mt. Sinai Hospital Auxiliary Workers | by Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest
Back to album

Mt. Sinai Hospital Auxiliary Workers

The purpose of the Auxiliary was to promote the work of Mt. Sinai Hospital through volunteer service, fundraising and public relations. As with other Jewish women's organizations, the Auxiliary offered both service and leadership opportunities for women at a time when women had few management opportunities. With the hospital's closing in the early 1980s, the Auxiliary recreated itself as a foundation, and continues to fund projects in the Jewish community and at large.

 

Date: 1955

Source: 8 x 10

Format: Black and white commercial photo

Subject: Social issues; Mount Sinai Auxiliary

Coverage: Minneapolis; Hennepin; Minnesota; United States

Local Identifier: MHS548

Link to our record: reflections.mndigital.org/u?/jhs,493

 

From the Steinfeldt Photography Collection of the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest.

7,773 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken sometime in 1955