new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Congregation Mikro Kodesh Synagogue, Minneapolis | by Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest
Back to photostream

Congregation Mikro Kodesh Synagogue, Minneapolis

One of several North Side Orthodox congregations, Mikro Kodesh was founded as Anshei Russia (Men of Russia), but changed it's name to Mikro Kodesh (Holy Assembly) several years later. The name change reflects a growing away from the congregation's ties to the place where they came from, and towards the America they settled in.

 

Date: 1900?

Source: American Jewish World Collection; 24 cm x 17 cm

Format: Black and white photo

Subject: Arts and architecture; Synagogue buildings; Mikro Kodesh

Coverage: Minneapolis; Hennepin; Minnesota; United States

Local Identifier: 0977

Link to our record: reflections.mndigital.org/u?/jhs,176

 

From the Steinfeldt Photography Collection of the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest.

2,273 views
0 faves
0 comments