1876 Synagogue Building Move, 12/18/69
In 1969, galvanized by the pending demolition of the oldest synagogue building in the nation’s capital, members of the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington arranged for the 1876 Adas Israel synagogue to be moved three city blocks to its present location at Third & G Streets, NW. After extensive restoration, the synagogue was rededicated and opened to the public as the Lillian & Albert Small Jewish Museum in 1975.

Synagogue information: jhsgw.org/programs/sanctuary_tour.php

Synagogue tour information: jhsgw.org/programs/sanctuary.php
12 photos · 2,178 views