L2018_0580 - Dolcoath Mine - Harriett Shaft
Installed on its original footings in 2009 are the re-erected remains of the 1897 Worsley Mesnes of Wigan duplex steam winding engine. After Dolcoath closed the engine was moved to Roskear Shaft at New Dolcoath when a second winding drum was installed.
After the closure of New Dolcoath in 1929 the engine was left abandoned until parts were removed for display at the Astley Green Colliery Museum in Greater Manchester.
For new images of Dolcoath Mine - March 2018 please click here: www.jhluxton.com/Industrial-Archaeology/Mines-of-Devon-Co...