Freak Out and Ferris Wheel
After the balloon glow last Friday night, I hung out around the Midway and experimented a bit with some long exposures on the moving rides.
Really liked the light patterns rendered by this ride. The problem was the lights on the passenger seats didn't stay on all the time. They seemed to turn on and off intermittantly and the ride only had one or two full-height swings, so it took a few tries to get one with which I was happy.
I do have to give props to the various law enforcement officers and security personnel who were at the fair that night: They were present and attentive, but never hassled me even when I had my tripod set up for these shots.
Submitted to Photo Friday -- 'Best of 2009'
This photo is in 5 groups
- Light: Trails Experimentation and Abstract/Comment! 29,439 items
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF *OPEN* 3,834,744 items
- Movement & Motion 462,327 items
- Meet me at the Fair 24,653 items
- Indy Flickr Meetup 2,000 items