new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Kraków-Płaszów concentration camp | by Anosmia
Back to photostream

Kraków-Płaszów concentration camp

The camp, originally intended as a forced labor camp, was constructed on the grounds of two former Jewish cemeteries in the summer of 1942. The camp was extended and became a concentration camp with deportations of the Jews from the Kraków ghetto beginning October 28, 1942. Commanding the camp was Amon Göth, an SS commandant who was known for being uncommonly sadistic in his treatment and killings of prisoners.

1,628 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on June 2, 2011