I'm not even dust in the grand scheme of things - and when I stand under soaring giants like the cliffs and mountains in Zion and look out into galaxies I can't even imagine in the night sky that is so different and so clear from any other night sky I've ever seen - it reminds me all over again how vast, impressive and amazing the universe is, and how I'm part of it for such a fleeting moment - and it inspires me to go and see more and do more before I am incapable. A photograph of it? Just an added bonus. :)
This photo also appears in
- this shot was totally a throw-away, just a random chance at the stars
- and I looked at my LCD and said 'holy shit!' and we went to another spot to shoot more
- only this was still my best night sky shot
- about 11pm in the park
- the trees are lit up from the lamps in the parking lot!
- Zion National Park
- long exposure
- 30 seconds
- thank you, ISO 2000
- Nikon 14mm 2.8 fisheye
- Under the Milky Way Tonight...
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts