The First Presbyterian Church of High Point
The First Presbyterian Church of High Point was founded on September 3, 1859 with eleven charter members and the Reverend Pleasant Hunter Dalton as its first minister. A church building was constructed on English Street at a cost of $1,234.00 for the lot and building. Reverend Dalton served the church on two different occasions, and his ministry ran through Civil War days when the church building was used as a hospital for sick and wounded soldiers. Several of his descendents are still current members of this church.