We're having a coffee hour here on Sunday, and some people will be coming who haven't seen this place (or haven't seen it in a couple of years). Whenever we have events like this, we get motivated to spruce things up. So, the other day we decided to un-ugly the bathroom.
We did a few things:
- replaced the ugly, decaying plastic fan/light with the brushed nickel/glass one
- replaced the ugly decaying cheap oak vanity/light with the one seen in the photo below
- put the new light over the vanity
- painted the walls chocolate brown with pink insets around the sink and shower
- replaced the cheap, ugly, decaying oak towel bars for the chrome ones
This may seem like an odd color combo (it's not architecturally appropriate for the house)... Well, first it blends in with the ugly vinyl floor, bright shower and sink, and bright white toilet and vanity. That was hard to do. Plus, it can also carry the chartreuse, pink, yellow and blue towels I have. Last, I think it's pretty. We'll be re-doing the bathroom in a couple of years and decided to have some fun with it.