flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Jaani kirik - St. John’s Church

1464.a. frantsisklaste kloostriks ehitatud, Liivi sõjas maha põletatud, hiljem taastatud kirikut kasutati nõukogude ajal laona. Praeguseks on pühakoda rekonstrueeritud ja leiab laialdast kasutust ka kontserdipaigana

 

The church was built in 1464 as Franciscan Monastery, burnt down during the Livonian War and used as a warehouse during the Soviet times. Later it was restored and reconstructed and now this sacred building is extensively used as a concert hall.

 

112 views
8 faves
16 comments
Taken on January 8, 2008