's Lands Zeemagazijn
Amsterdam, April 2012
's Lands Zeemagazijn was the arsenal of the Admiralty of Amsterdam. It was built in 1656 on an island in the river IJ after a design by the architect Daniël Stalpaert and is an important example of Dutch Classicism. Since 1973 the building houses the Scheepvaartmuseum or Maritime Museum. In October 2011 it reopened after a major renovation.