new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
110 EAST RUSTON St Mary | by JDS-photo
Back to group

110 EAST RUSTON St Mary

A large redundant church in an unkempt grave yard on the fast Stalham to Walcott road, St Mary's seems forgotten, and that's the appeal of the church, its sits a long way from its village to the west.

the North side of the church is very different from the south shown here, the nave side is aisle-less and built of red brick (see below)

The 14th century church was main redundant in 1977 with a tower that date from the mid 1300's and had a spire until it was removed in an 18th century restoration.

786 views
6 faves
10 comments
Taken on April 18, 2012