i have no idea
Sometimes I just set the timer and see what happens. I really can't explain this.
So. In lieu of a photo description, here's a little meme that's floating around the 365 Days group. You can learn all sorts of useless things about me! It'll be fun! Or something!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mom wanted to give me a name that reflected my ethnicity, and she also wanted to name me after her brother James. She is very clever. Anyway, yes.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
The other week.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. It is pretty.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I despise lunch meat.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I'd like to think I don't, but I sometimes get these notifications in my email, telling me that my children have signed up for accounts on various internet sites, so my new theory is that I have amnesia and am living a double life.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes, because I'd want me to make cookies for me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
No. I got sent to an ear, nose & throat specialist when I was 10, and he took one look down my throat and said "Those tonsils are HUGE! I'm taking them out." And he did. A man of his word, that doctor.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
The nice thing about being a clumsy oaf is that I don't feel any need to engage in any of these extreme sports-type activities, because walking is exciting enough.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Honey Bunches of Oats (with almonds). It is perfection in a bowl.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Depends on the shoes. But if they are shoes that have laces, then no. So I guess it doesn't depend on the shoes.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Do you want to arm wrestle me?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Superman. It is a Michigan thing, and is therefore one of the reasons why Michigan is the greatest state in the union.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
If it is a man, I look at his hands. If it is a woman, I look at her shoes.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
The least favorite thing? Should I have conducted a survey and gotten a consensus? Maybe made some charts? My least favorite thing is how I tend to be task-oriented and bossy. Or maybe my bony feet.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Stace. Every day.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Gray pants, black boots.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A cookie. It was good.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Typing, my dog running maniacally around the house, "Porchlight" by Neko Case (which everyone should listen to... fuck, I love that song).
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I would prefer not being a crayon, I think. Burnt sienna? I don't know.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Cinnamon. Freshly mown grass. Burning leaves. The crispness of the air on very cold winter days (the only nice thing I will ever say about winter). That place on a guy, below the neck, where the collarbones meet... always different, always uniquely him, always nice.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Some person who called my office with a question.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Dude, I copied and pasted it from a Flickr thread. So did I send it to myself? Sure, let's go with that. I like me just fine, most of the time.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?!
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Macaroni and cheese. Or mashed potatoes. Mmm, carbs.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
These are not mutually exclusive.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I caught Troy on TV the other night. And I got irrationally pissed at the ending. Everyone knows that Clytaemnestra killed Agamemnon. Dammit, Hollywood, get it right.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black. White pinstripes.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends on who's kissing me. By a country mile.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Oh, come on.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Couldn't we delete the questions that are only relevant in the world of e-mail forwards? Or am I just cranky today?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I am not reading any book right now because I am a rube.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. Does that count?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
48. WHERE WILL YOU BE FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house I go.