Old lady walking her cow home through the paddy fields
This Santal woman lives in an adivasi ('tribal') area in the north of Bangladesh. Especially for older women in Bangladesh it is very hard to survive. Sometimes a cow is the only thing they possess. Sometimes it is not even their own, but they raise it for someone else and then get half of its offspring.
Over a billion people go hungry in the world, one in every six persons in the world, 642 million of them in Asia and the Pacific. This while more than enough food is being produced to feed the whole world. Hunger and poverty are political problems. See: www.viacampesina.org, an organisation of small farmers worldwide.
This photo is in 13 groups
- *Artist of the Year*~L6 Double Diamond ~Invite Only 10,552 items
- Two = Zwei = Deux = Due = Dva = 2 98,150 items
- *Artist of the Year*~L5 The Diamond Award ~Invite Only 15,640 items
- *Artist of the Year*~L4 Double Platinum~P1/A5 29,226 items
- *Artist of the Year*~L3 Platinum Hall of Fame ~Invite Only 53,873 items
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1 ( Post 1 Award 5 144,842 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Bangladesh 21 items