new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Ponsonby/Three Lamps | by Natalia Volna itravelNZ@ travel app
Back to photostream

Ponsonby/Three Lamps

The original Tree Lamps were instolled in 1873 in the centre of this intersection of Ponsonby Road, College Hill, St Marys Road and Jervois Road. They were altered over time to run off electricity.

A new set of lamps was installed in 1935, but removed from the intersection in 1937 when the lamp head was attached to the verandah of the adjacent second Ponsonby Club hotel (the “Gluepot”), now apartments.

 

799 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on September 4, 2012