The Loreto Mission, Glen Cowie, Sekukuniland.

The Loreto Mission at Glen Cowie was founded in 1929, the pioneer nuns were M. Rosario Brennan, M. Consiglio Ryan and Sr Rita Garcia.

St. Rita's Hospital, Glen Cowie - still in existence - was named after Sister Rita, who was much sought after for her extraordinary healing powers. Sr Rita will be remembered by Hillcrest pupils of the 1950s and 1960s.

Front row:

M. Consiglio and Sr Rita

Back row:

M. Rosario, M. Raphael Deasy (Mother General), M.Sebastian Odevaine and M. Gonzaga Courtney.

The donkeys' names were Peter and Paul.

1,995 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on October 3, 2011