new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Manxman leaving harbour | by doncontrols
Back to group

Manxman leaving harbour

Built in 1904 for the Midland Railway and operating between Heysham and Douglas, she was powered by 3 turbines and could reach over 22 knots.

Bought by the Admiralty, she served in the Great War and was sold to the Isle Of Man Steam Packet Co in 1920. She was scrapped in 1949.

916 views
3 faves
3 comments
Taken on March 2, 2012