The earliest reference to a national school in Lackagh Co. Galway was in 1853 in a building located beside the Catholic Church. In 1855 there were 59 male and 58 female pupils in what was a very small building (30 feet by 16 feet). A new school was built in 1886 with the original building serving as the master’s residency. The latter is now owned by the Delaney family.
38 photos · 116 views