Bawnmore, Bán Mór
Scoil Náisiúnta Mhuire.

Primary school education came to Bawnmore in the parish of Lackagh in 1863 with the establishment of two schools (boys and girls) in a two story building by Richard Kirwan of Bawnmore House.
The first principal of the boys' school was Patrick Heavey, aged 24 years. His wife Bridget, aged 21 years, was mistress of the girls' school.
Both schools were amalgamated in January 1875.

The original building was used up until October 1971, when the school moved to its present location.
1 photo · 109 views