Byrneville School later named Palisades School
In 1910, the farming community known as Byrneville built a one room schoolhouse so their children would not have to walk three miles to attend Cass School. Anne M. Jeans was the first teacher, and she remained the school's sole teacher until 1947. Ms. Jeans renamed the school "Palisades" which means rolling hills. A portion of the 1910 schoolhouse was used as the Superintendent's office until 1994 when Burr Ridge Middle School was built.