Image from page 695 of "Churches of Aberdeen : Historical and Descriptive" (1909)
Authors: Gammie, Alexander
Publisher: Aberdeen : Aberdeen Daily Journal Office
Contributing Library: University of Guelph Library
Digitizing Sponsor: Scottish Studies Foundation (Canada)
View Book Page: Book Viewer
About This Book: Catalog Entry
View All Images: All Images From Book
Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.
Text Appearing Before Image:
accepted. Mr.Ritchie was inducted at Aberdeen on 15thMay, 1878. He came with a lengthenedexperience, having been minister at Thursofor two years, and at Toberdoney for 20years. Well versed in the Scriptures, witha ready command of language, and a sin-gular appropriateness in his Scripturalreferences and quotations, Mr. Ritchiespulpit style was terse and impressive. Hewas most conscientious and methodical inhis pastoral work, and the true friend ofall in trouble. In the denomination heoccupied an honoured place, holding theModeratorship of Synod in 1893. Hisdeath occurred on 4th November, 1894,and he was buried in Allenvale Cemeteryamid many manifestations of sorrow. Thefeature of Mr. Ritchies ministry in Aber-deen was the removal of the congregationto the neat and comely building in SkeneTerrace at its junction with Crimon Place.The removal was a compulsory one—theTown Council acquiring the old buildingin order to carry out important street im-provements, and undertaking to erect in
Text Appearing After Image:
Rev. Robert F. Stuart. B.A. ORIGINAL SECESSION CHURCH 337
Note About Images
Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability - coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.