Image from page 698 of "Churches of Aberdeen : Historical and Descriptive" (1909)
Authors: Gammie, Alexander
Publisher: Aberdeen : Aberdeen Daily Journal Office
Contributing Library: University of Guelph Library
Digitizing Sponsor: Scottish Studies Foundation (Canada)
View Book Page: Book Viewer
About This Book: Catalog Entry
View All Images: All Images From Book
Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.
Text Appearing Before Image:
Rev. Robert F. Stuart. B.A. ORIGINAL SECESSION CHURCH 337
Text Appearing After Image:
Rev. Robert B. MVicar. its stead another church on a site to beagreed upon, while also providing fundsfor the purchase of a manse. The transac-tion was a satisfactory one for the OriginalSeceders, and many a congregation wouldhave been glad of an opportunity of secur-ing a new place of worship on similarterms. It may also be mentioned that alegacy received from Mrs. Rettie placed thecongregation in an enviable financial posi-tion. The next minister of the church was theRev. Robert F. Stuart, B.A., whose ordina-tion took place in 1895. Mr. Stuart provedto be an able and vigorous preacher, andhis pidpifc gifts won appreciation outside,for, contrary to custom, he ventured onsome interchange with his brethren inother denominations. Naturally, thiscaused some criticism and commotion. Intothe differences and discussions it would beneedless to enter, and suffice it to say thatin April, 1898, Mr. Stuart resigned thepastorate. He removed to Ireland, butbefore leaving Aberdeen he was the reci-p
Note About Images
Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability - coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.