new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Burn Naze | by Ingy The Wingy
Back to photostream

Burn Naze

Looking south along the Down & Up Goods line towards Burn Naze signal box. Sunday 5th July 1987

 

Burn Naze South signal box was located by the Up & Down Goods line on the Down side of the line at Burn Naze, and was a second hand Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company standard design top fitted on a new brick base fitted with a 40 lever Railway Executive Committee frame opened by the London Midland & Scottish Railway Company in 1940. It was renamed Burn Naze on 9th December 1973 when double line absolute block working between Poulton No3 and Burn Naze North signal boxes was replaced by a single line between Poulton No3 and Burn Naze signal boxes worked by direction levers. The signal box was closed and replaced by four ground frames on 19th August 1987 when the line between Poulton and Burn Naze signal boxes was reduced to one train working

 

Ref no 07515

1,568 views
6 faves
0 comments
Taken on July 5, 1987