new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
St Annes | by Ingy The Wingy
Back to photostream

St Annes

St Annes signal box located on the Down side of the line North of St Annes railway station. 20:50, Sunday 5th July 1987

 

St. Annes signal box was a Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company standard design fitted with a 32 lever Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company Tappet frame opened in 1923 by the London Midland & Scottish Railway Company, replacing an earlier signal box located 120 yards to the south. The lever frame was reduced to 16 levers in 1965 and the signal box was closed on 20th November 1983 when the line between Kirkham and St Annes signal boxes was singled and the line between Kirkham signal box and Blackpool South railway station was worked by one train working under the control of Kirkham signal box

 

Ref no 07517

2,678 views
11 faves
1 comment
Taken on July 5, 1987