Luas Tram On Abbey Street - Dublin (Ireland)
Abbey Street is located on Dublin's Northside and is one of the principal shopping streets of Dublin, running from the Customs House in the east to Capel Street in the west. The street is served by two Luas light rail stops, one at the Jervis shopping centre and the other near O'Connell Street.
The National Theatre of Ireland, the Abbey Theatre is located on Abbey Street as is the Peacock theatre.
The old buildings of the Irish Independent newspaper 'Independent House' are located on Middle Abbey Street. (The offices have since moved to Talbot Street).
St. Mary's Abbey is on Meetinghouse Lane off Abbey Street.
The Royal Hibernian Academy used be located in Lower Abbey Street but was destroyed in 1916.
In 1785, James Napper Tandy stayed at 180 before eventually fleeing to the United States.
George Frideric Handel stayed in Abbey Street while in Dublin producing Messiah at Fishamble Street in 1742.
In 1900, Maud Gonne founded Inghinidhe na hÉireann (The Daughters of Erin) at 32 Lower Abbey Street.