Unfortunately anti-social behaviour is a major and increasing problem in Henrietta Place and On Hebrietta Street itself so if you plan to visit try to do so during normal working hours.
Henrietta Street is a historic Dublin street, to the north of Bolton Street on the north side of the city, first laid out and developed by Luke Gardiner during the 1720s. A very wide street relative to streets in other 18th-century cities, it includes a number of very large red-brick city palaces of Georgian design. The street is generally held to be named after Henrietta, the wife of Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Grafton, although an alternative candidate is Henrietta, the wife of Charles Paulet, 2nd Duke of Bolton. The nearby Bolton Street is named after Paulet.
Henrietta Street is the earliest Georgian Street in Dublin. Construction on the street started in the mid 1720's, on land bought by the Gardiner family in 1721. Construction was still taking place in the 1750s. Gardiner had a mansion, designed by Richard Cassels, built for his own use around 1730.
The street was popularly referred to as Primate's Hill, as one of the houses was owned by the Archbishop of Armagh, although this house, along with two others, was demolished to make way for the Law Library of King's Inns.
The street fell into disrepair during the 19th and 20th centuries, with the houses being used as tenements, but has been the subject of restoration efforts in recent years.
There are currently 13 houses on the street and some appear to be in very poor condition.
The street is a cul-de-sac, with the Law Library of King's Inns facing onto its western end.