new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
College Green (Dublin) | by infomatique
Back to photostream

College Green (Dublin)

College Green is a three-sided "square" in the centre of Dublin. On its northern side is a building known today as the Bank of Ireland which until 1800 was Ireland's Parliament House. To its east stands Trinity College Dublin, the only constituent college of the University of Dublin. To its south stands a series of 19th-century buildings that are mostly banks. A major street, called Dame Street, enters the square from the west. College Green has been used as an assembly point for major political rallies. In the mid 1990s, United States President Bill Clinton addressed a mass crowd, during his Irish visit. President Barack Obama spoke there in a major address during his visit to Ireland on May 23, 2011

 

761 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on March 18, 2012