Dun Laoghaire - Windsor Terrace
The town grew between 1820 and 1840. George’s Street was quickly developed and also were the parallel streets Kingstown Parade, Rumley Avenue (now known as Patrick Street and Mulgrave Street) and Northumberland Avenue. The only building on Tivoli Road at that time was Carrig Castle, which was really a large house. The road itself was actually an old path between the castles of Bullock and Monkstown. During the 1830s, Granite Lodge, Primrose Hill, Tivoli Terrace, York Road, 2 schools and a Presbyterian Church were built. On the seafront, Crofton Terrace, Haddington Terrace, Victoria Terrace, Marine Terrace, Windsor Terrace and Martello Terrace were built. The forerunner of the Royal Marine Hotel, overlooking the harbour was built on Gresham Terrace.