Pandua Mosque 1
Pandua is a small town about 60 km from Kolkata in the district of Hooghly, West Bengal, India.
This ancient mosque called Bari Masjid ( "the Big Mosque") was built in 1300 A.D. by the then ruler Shah Sufiuddin. The mosque is a fine specimen of typical Brick style architecture of Bengal. It is a long low building (70.40 metres long & 12.8 metres wide) having 3 aisles with 21 doors opening in front & 3 on the sides. It has 63 small domes over brick arches resting on stone pillars of Hindu design. A canopied platform is an attractive feature of the mosque.