"Purple Rain" Clouds In The Whites Of Their Skies - IMRAN™ — 1000+ Views!
I would love to only post "obviously" dramatic and stunning images taken in exotic locations or with my Nikon D300. But, I don't want to miss out sharing the unexpected "ordinary" sights of beauty I walk by every day even with just an old pocket camera in hand.
A photo from a late afternoon walk on South Country Road, East Patchogue, New York.
April 13, 2010 was a somewhat windy and cool day. I had to time the photos that day to avoid traffic that does get busier around 5 PM.
The falling sun's light made interesting patterns in the oncoming heavy clouds (will post that one another time). The newly blossoming trees' white shades created interesting effects against the gray sky, white clouds and green hedges while the old classy homes reflected on Robinson's Pond.
I found it interesting that even though I did not change the colors, the clouds in this size exported image look purple but just deep gray in the original sized image. Enhanced Contrast & lightened Shadows in iPhoto and framed in PhotoShop.
Reminds me of similar colors but opposite weather at this picture.
© 2010 IMRAN™
This photo is in 23 groups
- " FLICKR Stars :: COMMENT OR BAN :: post 1 award 6: 331,855 items
- COLORS OF THE SOUL ♡Post 1 - Comment 2♡ 35,838 items
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,754,332 items
- *SHINING★STAR - Post 1- Give 5 Stars 890,675 items
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 693,556 items
- Dragon Dagger Awards*moderated* ◇VOTING 178◇GALLERY#179 OPEN 62,702 items