The North Eastern Railway opened a single-track from Cross Gates to Wetherby
in 1876. The track was doubled in 1902. There were four stations on the
route: Scholes, Thorner, Bardsey and Collingham Bridge. All were opened on
1st May 1876 and closed on 6th January 1964, although Scholes remained open
a few months longer for goods traffic. Marked similarities existed between
all four stations. This is not surprising, considering they were opened
together and served villages on the same line.