2008 Sketch of Nudgee Junior College, Indooroopilly, Brisbane
Nudgee Junior College (in full, St Joseph's Nudgee Junior College) is an independent Catholic boy's primary (years 4 to 7) school in Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia. It is administered by Edmund Rice Education Australia, an organization established by the Congregation of Christian Brothers.
On the 10th July, 1938, His Grace, Archbishop Duhig, formally blessed and opened the new NUDGEE JUNIOR COLLEGE. In the school's first year, 46 boarders and 6 day pupils were enrolled, under the first principal, Br. J.M. Wynne.
In 1939, World War Two broke out. This resulted in the college being taken over by the U.S. Army in early April 1942 to be used as a U.S. Army Station Hospital - the 153rd. Approximately 160 personnel were stationed here. The base was under the command of Colonel Rice from General Macarthur's staff. The majority of the casualties were serious burn cases from the U.S.S. Sims and Neosho.