Early English doorway, the church of the Hospital of St Cross and Almshouse of Noble Poverty, Winchester, Hampshire, England
"Founded 1136 by Henry de Blois, Bishop of Winchester. Church Transitional Norman C 12 - and C 13. Cruciform with massive central Tower. The buildings apart from the Church were enlarged during the Bishopric of Cardinal Beaufort early C15 and are principally of this period. Buildings entered from small court through Entrance Gate (C 14 - 15 detail), but with stone. HC 1675, to main quadrangle, with range of fourteen 2-storey almshouses with one tall shafted chimney to each house. The Hall with graceful 2-light windows adjoins on the West side the Main Gate Tower, which has a range of buildings over a cloister on the East side linking the Tower with the Church. One of the most beautiful groups of buildings in the country. The church was restored by Butterfield in 1864-5. Varying dates and rebuildings.
The buildings of the Hospital of St Cross form a group." --http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-144751-hospital-of-st-cross-and-almshouses-of-n