The War Of Art
1. I am thankful for Steven Pressfield’s The War Of Art : winning the inner creative battle. Pressfield uses plain, direct (In Yo Face!) language that makes me feel like he is talking directly to me. Which is not unlike Godin’s Linchpin, one of the seeming bazillion books and blogs nagging me to read The War of Art! Finally! Talk about a slap upside the head .. both books.
2. I am thankful for the queasy feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when I know I need to Show up and get the work done that I told myself I would do.
3. I am thankful for developing some new habits which just happen to be vaporizing some old, no longer useful habits.
4. I am thankful for taking a chance and having the opportunity to publicly ship at least once a week.
5. I am thankful for finishing one work and beginning a new one this week.
6. I am thankful for asking my mom to remind me to pursue a local gallery that would be a good fit for some of my photos. She reminded me in a surprising and pleasant way! I am also thankful for remembering and choosing to speak up with words and actions of gratitude.
7. I am thankful for angels and serendipity in the outfield.
8. I am thankful for deactivating my Facebook account. I have gotten a lot accomplished and have been much more present when performing tasks! :) While I am thankful for the three people that noticed I was gone and contacted me to ask how things were going, I am also thankful for feeling kind of alone (not lonely, I am very entertaining!). It gives me a kick start to do my work, takes away some excuses to not work and propels me in new directions in a “there is nothing for me here .. time to move forward” kind of way.
10. I am thankful for making my newest journal more illustrative and conversational. The colour and drawings making it more fun to write and interesting to flip through. It also makes it easier to see when I am beginning to forget that I have a lot to be thankful for and need to get making a gratitude list right away.
11. I am thankful to be surrounded by beautiful flowers! I really like flowers! :) The angel wing begonia is even blooming!
12. I am thankful to go group gardening at the North Central Community gardens tomorrow! There is just something about gardening, especially food gardening!
14. I am thankful for practising letting things be what they need to be and resisting the urge to “fix” things. I am recognizing that maybe stuff that I think is broken isn’t broken at all, it just works differently.
15. I am thankful for seeing some beautiful berries similar to raspberries on a walk the other day. They look like a kind of berry described to me by a former classmate from Afghanistan .. which made me smile. He was planning to visit his family in Afghanistan or there abouts in June - I hope things went and are going well. The stuff I’ve heard on the news .. doesn’t give me a very warm, fuzzy feeling. :/ I am thankful for asking him lots of questions and his taking the time and patience to answer lots of my questions.
16. I am thankful for the fresh fruit and vegetables in season! :)
17. I am thankful that my eight year old niece visited last week! She reminded me how much I enjoy rolling around on my big exercise ball. It was also good to draw with her and my sister! :) (Note to self: go to bed earlier the night before!)
18. I am thankful for recognising more places where I get in the way of my good.
19. I am thankful for remembering to breathe (in and out).
20. I am thankful for mulling over the idea that too much of a necessary thing is harmful like having too little of a necessary thing. Just like sun or water to a growing plant. A plant needs a certain amount to survive and another amount to thrive. Too little or too much is harmful or even deadly to the plant. Looking at my own life - some foods, work, relationships are good for survival but too much or tended to in unhealthy ways is detrimental to me. Same with things! I have a few things cluttering my home that I either no longer need or have just out grown my enjoyment of. I let go of a few things and it felt SO good! Like I had just stopped carrying around a heavy backpack! This also goes for ideas that no longer fit. :)
21. I am thankful for the kind, thoughtful, generous people I have had the honour of interacting with this week! :)
22. I am thankful for making *Gratitude* lists before bed because I tend to wake up much happier and ready to greet my day.
23. I’m not sure if I have mentioned this before .. I am thankful for so many good and wonderful things going on in the lives of people I know and am acquainted with (was that redundant?). I feel lucky and fortunate.
26. I am thankful for a weird little book called The Ticking by Renée French.
27. I am thankful for the great products Staedtler makes.
28. I am thankful for having the guts to put the writing back for last week and admitting that it was a lizard brain thing to do.
29. I am thankful for doing a few things this week that scared the heck out of me! :D
30. Thank you for reading.