Whitefish Point Lighthouse
From the historical marker:
"This light, the oldest active on Lake Superior, began operating in 1849, though the present tower was constructed later. Early a stopping place for Indians, voyageurs, and Jesuit missionaries, the point marks a course change for ore boats and other ships navigating this treacherous coastline to and from St. Mary's Canal. Since 1971 this light, fog signal, and radio beacon have been automated and controlled from Sault Ste. Marie."