new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Lisbon_2015 10 13_0840 | by HBarrison
Back to photostream

Lisbon_2015 10 13_0840

At the southeast end of Avenida da Liberdade, near Praca do Rossio, the popular name of Praça de D. Pedro IV and set on Praça dos Restauradores is the Monument to the Restorers (Monumento aos Restauradores). The monument was designed by António Tomás da Fonseca and erected in 1886; sculptors were Simões de Almeida and Alberto Nunes. The obelisk carries the names and dates of the battles fought during the Portuguese Restoration War in 1640.

219 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on October 13, 2015