Hastings-on-Hudson train station ca. 1900
Ph06723A: This photograph shows the first train station built on the Hudson Line in Hastings-on-Hudson. It stood slightly to the south of the present train station, near what is now the entrance to the station parking lot. At the time this photograph was taken, the open plaza next to the station was called Depot Square. On the opposite side of the station are the chimneys and industrial buildings on the Hastings waterfront, most likely the National Conduit & Cable Company or the Hastings Pavement Company. This station building was demolished in 1910 when the new station was built.