new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Empire Cinema | by Harwich & Dovercourt
Back to album

Empire Cinema

25th of March 1911 without official ceremony The Empire opened its doors to the public; the cinema could accommodate 350 patrons And would show various stage shows and films.

 

The bostock cinema group purchased the cinema on the 1st January 1929, the new owners Considered the building too small to meet the growing cinema audiences and looked for a new site To build a larger cinema, on the 31st may 1938, Empire’s manager Mr Gilbert smith locked up for the Last time, the following day together with his staff opened the new building The Regal.

 

www.harwichanddovercourt.co.uk/entertainment/

   

2,304 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on May 6, 2012