2016 McDonald's Downey
Feb. 14, 2016: Built in 1953, the oldest still operating McDonald’s sits at the corner of Lakewood Blvd. and Florence Ave. in Downey. The 60-foot tall Speedee sign was added in 1959.

The restaurant was the third McDonald's ever built. It was franchised by Richard and Maurice McDonald. prior to Ray Kroc acquiring the company. For years, it operated under the McDonald’s name, but was not part of the company. In 1990, McDonald’s Corporation acquired the site. The restaurant was repaired and upgraded.

A gift shop and museum sits next to the restaurant.
19 photos · 7 views