140g hard butter
175g plain flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
500g fresh milk
30g butter, optional
50g custard powder
1. boil water and butter.
2. add flour and beat at medium speed for 5 mins to form a smooth dough.
3. while dough is still warm, add in eggs slowly until consistency is right**, then beat at high speed for 2 mins.
**don't add in all of the eggs as the consistency of the batter depends on the size of the eggs used. batter should be smooth and slow flowing.
4. fill the mixture into a piping bag and pipe, spaced out, onto a greased baking tray. bake at 200degC until golden brown, about 20-25mins.
pastry can be baked on 2 shelves at 180degC turbo fan.
1. boil half the fresh milk, sugar and butter.
2. mix the custard powder, remaining milk and egg and stir well.
3. when no.1 is boiled, pour in no.2 and stir well until sticky.
4. put the custard filling into the baked pastry.
instant custard (Alternative)
whisk 250ml milk with 100g instant custard until thick.
add in 100-200g whipped cream.
may add in ganache for a chocolate flavoured filling.