I promised you some answers after yesterday's photo.
After the sun set behind the canyon's horizon he packed his things (having only one hand available) and prepared himself for the jump. This took about 2 minutes, at that point he had the full attention of the crowd.
After that, he jumped on his thong sandals...
The canyon's depth is 900 meters here.
Now you can see that the adjacent rock is higher so he tried to land lower, which is quite steep and tried to use his one hand to grab the rock.
1600 ISO/70-200mm 2.8 USM IS, the light was quite poor, sorry for that. :) Final photo tomorrow.
The Grand Canyon, Arizona. All rights reserved © Hans van de Vorst.
(Update 26/1 Straight from the cam, smart sharpening applied)
This photo is in 12 groups
- Le coin des photographes 19,404 items
- Ladder to the Stars 19,265 items
- Photographers Being Photographed 3,910 items
- *Little stories-pics with "soul"*:Invited photos only ! 21,056 items
- ! Level 1 Günün En İyisi - The Best of Day (4 Awards) 131,745 items
- The Wanderlust 22,133 items