Tysoe Windmill 
Tysoe Windmill also sometimes known as Compton Wynyates Windmill, Warwickshire
An early 18thCentury Windmill which sits on top of Windmill Hill, the hill is split between the parishes of Tysoe and Compton Wynyates the windmill is just inside Tysoe parish. The mill operated until 1915 when it was struck by lightening. The mill is arranged over three floors inside a twelve sided barrel shaped stone tower. The tower has a conical cap and tail projection for winding gear, the tower had two stones for the grinding of corn.
In 1935 new sails were added to the mill and in 1951 further restoration work was carried out. From 1968-75 a more extensive restoration was carried out. The conical cap is covered in aluminium sheeting and the wooden finial seems to have a layer of fibreglass on the top to help protect it from the rain. In modern times the windmill has been infrequently opened to visitors, the mill is secure and apparently still contains all its machinery.
2012 the sails were removed a few years ago leaving the stocks only. The stocks are showing signs of decay - possibly Dry Rot, one of the stocks has broken and moved although it is still held suspended up in the air.
Grid Reference: SP 331 427
Kite Aerial Photograph
29 March 2012
See Comment below for further photographs: