Taj Mahal - Early Morning Mist
I've been resisting uploading this one for a while just because it is such a cliche, but each time I look at it it reminds me of getting up in the freezing cold, traveling through the streets of Agra in the dark by cycle rickshaw, and then entering the Taj Mahal complex, where the great mausoleum was emerging from the early morning mist.
There were a few hundred people in the complex at this time in the morning, and the most striking thing was the silence- people were so awestruck they were not speaking. I guess it makes sense really- when you're presented with something as beautiful as this there are literally no words you can say that will not undermine it.
This photo is in 6 groups
- Score Me! (post 1, score 5) 324,714 items
- Young Photographers 2,498,158 items
- Agra Shutterbugs(Addictive Interactive Photography) 7,497 items
- Bienvenidos todos los recuerdos / All Memories Welcome 71,309 items
- Travel Photography 2,979,687 items
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes(no people, no man-made objects) 515,893 items