FMWX 14 idling in front of the depot with FWRY 101 parked in the Fillmore & Western yard ~ Fillmore, CA
#14 History: Steam engine #14 is a 2-8-0 Baldwin built in 1913. The locomotive was purchased by Fillmore & Western in December 1999 from Dodge City Railroad in Dodge City, KS. Approximately 50 volunteers were involved in the restoration of #14. Restoration was completed in December 2010 with a special commemorative journey on January 2, 2011.
#101was built as a F7A by Electro-Motive in December 1949 as C&NW 4083A. She was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 413 in December 1971. She was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. She was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in 1985. She was resold to Rails Diversified in March 1985 as 413. She was then sold to Winchseter & Western, and then to Maryland Midland as 101. She was later sold to Short Line Enterprises [the owner of Fillmore & Western] as FWRY 101.