new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Clock Tower Grange Over Sands | by gordon2208
Back to photostream

Clock Tower Grange Over Sands

The Clock Tower in Grange over sands. The plaque reads

 

"Clock Tower. At midday on 4th December 1912, Mrs Sophia Deardon, a local benefactor, presented this clock tower to Grange. A previous construction had been removed to make way for an extension to St Paul's Church. Materials used to construct the tower include local limestone and sandstone from St. Bees in Cumberland. Mrs Deardon also donated woodland around Yewbarrow Cragg to Grange as a recreational facility for local people."

 

A little history on it's centenary year.

825 views
1 fave
2 comments
Taken on August 28, 2012