flickr-free-ic3d pan white


A close up of the birdcage


I 've made this birdcage to hang from the 'sticker' bough on the kitchen ceiling.


I took an old lampshade apart and sprayed the metal frame maroon.

I altered the shape by making a grid/mesh from fine green wire.

I used red 'dip it' to coat the wire in plastic film.

I used this to make some of the flower forms.

I made felt flowers and introduced buttons and birds from a flea market in Paris.

I took apart an old necklace and bought 3 bunches of tiny paper flowers from a reduced box in a craft shop.


The only annoying aspect of making it was putting it up/down so often to check the balance ( this makes your arms ache ) and also I dropped it so often that i had to keep redoing it.


If i were to make this in one go I suppose it would take about 2 days.

21 faves
Taken on June 18, 2007