One of my favorite dinners! We usually make this with beef, but chicken is what we had, so we just went with it. Jonathan made dumplings to go with. yummm.
* 1 lb chicken or steak, sliced into narrow strips
* 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables (we use carrots, red bell pepper, and broccoli)
* 3/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 eggs
* canola oil
* 2-4 gloves garlic, minced
* 6 tablespoons soy sauce
* 8 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon ground ginger
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
* 3 green onions, chopped
-Cut chicken or steak into narrow strips.
-Cut vegetables into strips/chunks.
-Place 3/4 cup cornstarch in a large bowl, mix in 1/2 cup water (it will be kind of hard to stir), Stir until combined. Whisk in two eggs.
-Heat about an inch of oil in a wok
-Add meat to the cornstarch mixture. Add to the wok and fry in small batches.
-In separate bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, green onions and ginger.
-When the chicken is done cooking, drain all but a teaspoon of oil. Saute garlic cloves.
-Add meat, vegetables, and sauce mixture to the wok. Stir & then simmer for a few minutes until everything is heated through and coated with sauce.
Serve with rice.