new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
New Port Richey Fire Department | by ghs1922
Back to photostream

New Port Richey Fire Department

This photo appeared in the New Port Richey Press on Feb. 9, 1940, with this caption: “Here is a picture of the New Port Richey Volunteer Fire Department, taken by Geo. A. Allen, local photographer, in front of the new Fire station, which block also houses the city offices, council room, Mayor's office, jail and Avery Public Library. New equipment which makes the very efficient personnel one of the best small city fire departments in the whole state is also shown. Members of the department depicted are: Sitting (left to right) Wilson Fowler, 1st Lieut; Spencer A. Bentley, Chief; R. W. Sims, President; Joe Fraddosio, assistant Chief; James Grey, 2nd Lieut. Standing (left to right): Henry Falany; Joe D'Accardi; Dick Marrs, First Aid; Mitchell Caraway, First Aid; B. H. Gaines; Lester Hill; John O'Hara; James Vickers; James Weiskopf; Bob Foskett; Curtis Falany; Bill Fraddosio; Ted Arnett, Electrician. The only member of the volunteer department’s roster not shown is Clyde (Micky) Poole.” (491)

947 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on April 1, 2012